4 Gauge vs Pre Jym
In this review, we’re seeing how 4 Gauge compares to popular pre-workout supplement, Pre Jym. We’ll take you through everything you need to know:
- The Companies
- Side Effects
- What Others Are Saying
Take a look:
About the Companies
4 Gauge is made by Roar Ambition, a premium supplements company.
They’re well-known for their great customer service, offering free worldwide shipping – even to APO (Army Post Office) addresses; many companies don’t offer this support to soldiers out there, so we like this a lot.
Where do Roar Ambition Ship From?
In our experience, Roar Ambition ship very quickly (we’ve tried their other product, TestoFuel).
After looking into their company, we believe the fast shipping is due to them distributing from both USA and UK – through a tracked service, so nothing get’s lost on the way.
So regardless of where you are, you’re orders will be shipped on the same day, if you order before 2pm (or the next day after 2pm).
For the full list of countries Roar Ambition ship to, see their website: www.4Gauge.com.
Jym Supplement Science
Jym Supplement Science are a “revolutionary” company that claim to use modern science to formulate all of their products. But there wasn’t much information about this company on their website.
Where do Jym Ship From?
All of Jym Supplement Science’s products are shipped from America. Their pre-workout, Pre Jym, is only available on Bodybuilding.com in the UK, but you can buy it from GNC in the USA.
This means that shipping is in the hands of these companies, so Pre Jym can’t determine the level of customer service themselves. But bodybuilding.com and GNC are both reputable retailers, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
The only problem is that Pre Jym might be hard to get hold of, if you’re in India or anywhere outside of the UK or USA; they admit themselves that products shipped outside of North America and UK will “take longer to arrive”.
4 Gauge contains 8 key pre-workout ingredients, without any proprietary blends – so you know exactly what you’re getting.
Most of the ingredients are clinically dosed, so you’ll be sure to experience these benefits in the gym:
- Intense muscle pumps
- Increased strength
- Enhanced endurance
- Energy boost
So how do 4 Gauge’s ingredients work? We’ll take you through everything you need to know here:
- Citrulline Malate – This is a mixture of L-Citrulline and Malic Acid. This more beneficial than just L-Citrulline, as the Malic Acid helps you to create more energy (ATP) in the gym, which also reduces fatigue.
- The optimal dose of Citrulline Malate is between 6,000-8,000mg, so Roar Ambition has done a good job by adding in a clinical dose (6,000mg).
- Creatine Monohydrate – One of the most reliable ingredients out there, Creatine Monohydrate’s been used for decades – because everyone knows it works, and science has backed it up numerous times.
- A ‘4 Gauge hater’ could argue that Creatine Monohydrate’s been under-dosed at 1,000mg. But this allows you to supplement it separately, instead of relying on a product you take once a day to provide you with optimum levels.
- The 1,000mg is enough to deliver increased strength and endurance during your gym session.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) – Known as an effective ‘brain booster’, ALCAR can improve your focus in the gym; giving you stronger mind-muscle-connection, to make the most of every rep.
- It’s also believed to promote fat loss and reduce fatigue – while fat loss isn’t a key feature of a pre-workout, enhances focus and reduces fatigue are, so it’s a great bonus to have.
- Red Beetroot Extract – This contains a high level of nitrates, which is the pre-cursor to nitric oxide. This raises your nitric oxide levels, resulting in vasodilation (increased blood flow through dilated blood vessels) and intense muscle pumps in the gym.
- Coconut Water Powder – Containing high amounts of electrolytes, Coconut Water Powder will help you stay hydrated throughout your workout. It’s more of a bonus ingredient than a key one, but it’s these little things which make 4 Gauge great.
- Smart-Cafffeine Combo – This is the Caffeine & L-Theanine combo that’s inside 4 Gauge.
- Basically, L-Theanine enhances the benefits of Caffeine; meaning you can take Caffeine in smaller doses and experience its full benefits, which keeps you safe from side effects like jitters or energy crashes.
- Not many pre-workout supplements contain this ‘smart-caffeine combo’, so it shows that Roar Ambition has done their research here.
- Rhodiola Rosea – A traditional Chinese medicine that’s been used for centuries, Rhodiola Rosea is a herb that’s shown to reduce fatigue and improve cognition (alertness, focus, and reaction time).
- How does this benefit your gym session? Well, it will boost your mind-muscle-connection so you feel every rep, and also help you make more progress on your fitness goals.
Pre Jym contains almost double the amount of ingredients that 4 Gauge contains – with a few that are the same.
It’s claimed to promote:
- Muscle growth
Let’s see whether more is better here.
- Creatine Hydrochloride – This is another form of Creatine; Creatine Hydrochloride is believed be more water soluble than Monohydrate, but there’s not been many studies to prove that it’s more beneficial.
- Ultimately, Monohydrate is very reliable, but the same can’t be said of Creatine Hydrochloride yet (as of 2017). If more studies are conducted to prove that it’s more beneficial, then Jym has done a great job – if not, then they should’ve stuck with Creatine Monohydrate.
- Beta-Alanine – Beta-Alanine is a very popular ingredient inside pre-workouts. Why? Because it can improve muscular endurance.
- But here’s the problem; this ingredient can cause paresthesia in doses over 0.8-1g. As Pre Jym contains 2g of Beta-Alanine, you’re almost certain to suffer from parethesia (a tingling on the skin of your face, chest, hands, and extremities).
- Betaine – This is believed to enhance endurance and reduce fatigue. However, studies have shown that it’s ineffective in delivering any benefits. Not only that, Betaine causes fishy odors in your breath and body secretions.
- Citrulline Malate – As we’ve mentioned in the 4 Gauge section above, this is a key pre-workout ingredient. Pre Jym has also dosed this perfectly at 6g, so you’ll be sure to experience great muscle pumps while you lift weights in the gym.
- Beetroot Extract – Another ingredient that’s in both 4 Gauge and Pre Jym, the high-level of nitrates promote muscle pumps in the gym, which boosts strength and endurance.
- BCAA’s – L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine are three branched chain amino acids. They’ve shown to improve muscle protein syntehsis (muscle gains), but it’s not necessary to have this in a pre-workout.
- BCAA’s are cheap to buy separately, so while it’s a bonus to have it in Pre Jym, they could’ve included better ingredients instead.
- Caffeine – A powerful stimulant that’s consumed around the world, daily. Caffeine can improve your strength, endurance, and mental function – but it can also cause side effects like jitters and energy crashes in high doses.
- What’s a high dose? Well, the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Caffeine is 400mg, so you shouldn’t be having over 200mg in one dose – especially if you’re sensitive to this nutrient.
- Pre Jym contains 300mg of Caffeine, which is considered a high-dose. If you’re sensitive to Caffeine, then you should stay away from Pre Jym until you build a stronger tolerance to it.
- Huperzine A – This is believed to boost your mental function, so you have better focus in the gym. However, there haven’t been enough studies conducted to prove that it’s effective.
- Not only that, Huperzine A’s known to cause numerous side effects; nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, blurred vision, restlessness, and cramping.
– Highest Rated Pre Workouts Here –
This is where 4 Gauge shines. It only contains 100% natural ingredients, without any artificial flavors or sweeteners – so it’s free from side effects (we didn’t experience any negatives when taking it).
- No side effects
There are a few ingredients in Pre Jym that can cause some problems; Betaine, Beta-Alanine, and Huperzine A.
Here’s the potential side effects from taking Pre Jym:
- Paresthesia – tingling on the skin of your face, chest, hands, and extremities (Beta-Alanine)
- Fishy odors in your breath and body secretions (Betaine)
- Nausea (Huperzine A)
- Diarrhea (Huperzine A)
- Vomiting (Huperzine A)
- Sweating (Huperzine A)
- Blurred Vision (Huperzine A)
- Restlessness (Huperzine A)
- Cramping (Huperzine A)
What Others Are Saying
We first noticed 4 Gauge online, after reading some positive reviews. We review countless products SupplementTester, and we always enjoy testing new pre-workouts – there are so many on the market, and we’re always looking for the best.
– To read our personal experience with 4 Gauge, read our full review here –
We’ve posted two reviews that we found, to show you what other’s are saying about this pre-workout:
Pre Jym has some very mixed reviews – there are some that say it’s their favorite pre-workout, but others had bad experiences with Pre Jym.
We’ve tried to find 4 honest reviews – two positive and two negative. Take a look:
4 Gauge vs Pre Jym Conclusion
Both 4 Gauge and Pre Jym are great pre-workout supplements – their reputations speak for themselves. But there has to be a winner.
After analyzing these products, we believe that 4 Gauge is the best:
- No side effects
- No artificial sweeteners or flavors
- Mostly clinically dosed, key pre-workout ingredients
- ‘Smart-Caffeine combo’ (L-Theanine & Caffeine)
– Read Our Full 4 Gauge Review For More Info –
Overall Winner: 4 Gauge
To Buy, Visit: www.4Gauge.com